1.4

So my husband and I booked this motel in May 2015 for us to use in March 2016 for Ultra music Festival.And also the Above and Beyond festival.

So we stayed one night no problem. We went to the CVS not but a couple of blocks away gone not even 10 minutes to get hair gel, bananas and one more item I don't even remember now. We pulled into the parking lot of the motel to see two maids watching to see when we get back and the manager in our room. The manager had emptied my bag of prescriptions and supplements on the bed and what it looked like was she was going to pocket my controlled substances that are prescribed to me until we busted them and then was told that they were gonna charge our debit card for 100 deposit for having a blender, coffee pot, and electric skillet in our room.

Now before we booked this motel we called and made sure it was ok to bring these things since we were staying for 6 days and were told no problem. We explained that we are older than most that go and we have a healthy life style with protein shakes, lots off eggs and just high protein. Said to us no problem you can bring and use those things. When we were told they were gonna charge 100 deposit after last year already charged us 139.00 deposit to hold room and the rates we were charged as well after checking in I explained to the manager I was going to call the cops on her for trying to steal my prescriptions which is a felony.

While in the office I watched as she pulled other peoples room papers and started writing keep deposit which these people were here for Miami music week and Ultra as well. We were told to leave and then that we could stay and then told to leave again. Now the maids we talked to said it is bs cause it's ok to have these things and many other people that have stayed here had them in their room. The truth is they are scam artists and got caught and I let them know as well as my bank who quickly re credited our account as they went after the Shalimar Motel.

The owner called my husband after the fact and said you need to leave and he advised we already had done so maybe you need to communicate with your employees better.

As of now the Shalimar did credit some of our money back but I still say stay away for if we had not busted them we would have been robbed and charged extra money for no reason other than they are scammers.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $1500. The author is overall dissatisfied with Shalimar Motel. The most disappointing about shalimar motel room from Shalimar Motel was liars and thieves as employees Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following companies Holiday Inn or Days Inn that you may also consider.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Hotels and Resorts category for more informed decision or compare Shalimar Motel to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Shalimar Motel?

Comments

jas42208

I forgot to add that because it was Miami music week with Ultra music festival that we had to try and find a new motel which costs more and then we had issues with that motel as well. Worst vacation ever and even the city of Miami now leaves a bad taste in my mouth.